Jet skiers please read
Each participant will be required to fill out a waiver before you start. This will be sent out via email and SMS before you arrive and can be filled out beforehand or while you’re in the shop.
We have rules and regulations designed for your enjoyment while also considering your safety and the safety of others. Your jet ski hire will end immediately, with no refunds or rebookings if any rules are broken.
Jet ski rules:
– No wave jumping, the hire will be stopped immediately without a refund.
– You must wear your life jacket at all times.
– At all times you must stay a minimum distance of 300 metres off the beach.
– At all times you must stay a minimum distance from all other jet skis, watercraft, swimmers, paddlers, and the Sunreef crew boat.
– You must stay within the designated hire area at all times – you must have visual contact at all times with the Sunreef crew boat.
– Whilst riding through the Mooloolaba River, you must navigate in single file and respect the 6 knot maximum, no wash speed limit.
– When the Sunreef crew boat signals the end of your hire time, you must return immediately to the rendezvous point. The entrance of the Mooloolaba River is not a safe place for our crew to wait for you, so please be responsible.
You are responsible for your own safety, the safety of others around you and the care of your jet ski. You must understand that you will be riding at your own risk and are held accountable for any damage/injuries caused willfully or by negligence on your part. Further costs may be brought against you.
Zero (0) alcohol tolerance level is required to ride our ocean jet skis.
Please inform us and specify of any medical conditions you may have that could affect or be affected by riding a jet ski.
Only people who have signed the Jet Ski hire waiver will be allowed to use the equipment.
It is your responsibility to stay clear and give way of others in the water when riding your jet ski. If you are involved in a collision, even a small one, you must report to the Sunreef crew boat immediately.
We are watching you at all times, if you have difficulty or feel unsafe, please return to the rescue boat or wave your arms to attract further attention. Please wait on the jet ski if safe to do so, otherwise please use your best judgement to determine if you need to abandon the jet ski. Your life jacket will keep you afloat at all times.
The owners, management and crew at Sunreef Hire Mooloolaba ocean jet ski hire as well as The Wharf Mooloolaba marine services reserves the right to refuse, cancel or stop any hire at any time without a refund if a person does not adhere to these rules, or is negligent, remiss, not confident or a potential danger to themselves, other persons or property.